What we’ll cover in this event…
- One of the most common employee complaints, discrimination, is problematic for supervisors and managers, and a liability for the business.
- Section 1557 of the Patient Protection Affordable Care Act (PPACA) mandates that all providers and their staff be trained in anti-discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
- We’ll outline what discrimination is and the laws protecting people from the occurrence.
- Medicare carriers from various states are now requiring an affidavit indicating that you were trained in anti-discrimination.
- We’ll explain the different types of discrimination and the risks.
- Dr. Mario Fucinari, an active chiropractic practitioner and a Certified Professional Compliance Officer will explain the necessary information to not only meet the requirements but to enable you to apply the information to your practice and your life as well.
- He’ll lead the participants in the development of anti-discrimination policies and procedures.