There’s nothing quite like a fresh breath of spring air to make you feel like winter is finally on its way out the door. Unfortunately, that is doubly true for those who suffer from seasonal allergies, and not in a good way. Each breath can be a painful reminder that spring air is full of allergens. With that in mind, we thought we’d share some of our favorite tips for allergy relief:
- As tempting as it is to throw open the windows, try to keep them closed. This will keep out pollen, dust and other allergens.
- Shower off and change your clothes after working outside or playing in the yard to wash off excess pollen.
- Wash curtains, rugs and bed linens at least twice a month to clear out allergens.
- If you do go outside, try to time it so you are out in the early morning or later afternoon/evening, as pollen counts tend to be lower at those times.
- Wear gloves and a mask when gardening to minimize your exposure.
Last but not least, visit your doctor of chiropractic! Chiropractic can give your nervous system a huge boost, and many allergy sufferers report that an adjustment can help alleviate their symptoms. Give it a try, and see if it helps your symptoms. If nothing else, your spine will thank you!